Basic Mashed Potatoes
You Will Need
10 Large Potatoes
1 Stick Of Butter (divided)
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 ts pepper
1/2 ts salt (if your gravy isn't salty)
1/2 cup milk (if you don't like yours thick)
Are you new to the instant pot? We have lots of recipes for beginners, like this basic mashed potato recipe. Instant Pot mashed potatoes are so delicious, and they are perfect for beginners. Dinners side dishes, and Thanksgiving, they are a perfect side dish. Who doesn't love creamy, dreamy mashed potatoes?
For the more advanced, try our KFC gravy!
1. Peel 10 large red potatoes, (see the video to see how to dice) and dice them up into equal sized pieces.
2. put into the steamer basket
3. Place your trivet, into your instant pot and your basket onto a sling
4. Place your sling with potatoes into your pot.
5. Press your manual button on 15 min high pressure (make sure your value is on sealing) once done, instant release)
6. Place potatoes into a large bowl, and add 1/2 butter, pepper, and sour cream
7. Add milk until desired thickness
8. Use the remaining 1/2 stick butter for the top.
Use a potato masher and mash until almost smooth
This can also be done with a mixer.
Keywords- instant pot, red potatoes, instant pot mashed potatoes, basic mashed potatoes, sour cream mashed potatoes, mash potatoes, creamy mashed potatoes, instant pot recipes, recipes, side dish, instant pot beginner recipes, instant pot potatoes, easy side dishes, russet potatoes