Chinese Beef & Broccoli
You Will Need
1 Pound Carniasada Meat
2 TBSP Oyster Sauce
2 TBSP Soy Sauce
3 tsp baking soda
2 TBSP Corn Starch
1 Large Onion cut in half and then quartered 3 times
3 Cups Broccoli
1 tsp Minced Ginger
2 TBSP Minced Garlic
1 Cup Beef Broth
1 tsp Salt
Ever wonder how Chinese restaurants get their meat so tender? It's called Velvet-ting and I will show you an easy way How To Velvet Meat. Baking soda breaks down the meat, when you let it set for 30 min. When you rinse it, it will have a velvet texture, (you can feel it with your hands) It's easy to do as you will see in the recipe below. It's what makes this recipe incredible. (besides the sauce that is) The only thing I would of done different is, I would of doubled the sauce! To soak my rice in. Yum~
I do hope you enjoy this recipe, it is so good!
Instant Pot Directions-
1. In a bowl place your Carniasada meat and 3 tsp baking soda, mix well, cover with saran wrap and let sit 30 min.
2. Once 30 min has passed rinse well and pat meat dry.
3. Steam Onion and Broccoli, place into steamer basket on trivet add 1 cup water, press your steam button, 1 min (instant release) Remove from instant pot and Set aside.
4. Empty your water, then turn your saute~ on and place meat in instant pot, with ginger, garlic, salt, oyster sauce, and soy sauce. Stir until meat done.
5. Add corn starch and mix well
6. Add beef Broth and stir until thickened
7. Add steamed broccoli and onion and mix well.
Serve over Rice or noodles
Stove Top Directions-
1. Place meat into a bowl with 3 tsp baking soda, cover and let set 30 min Rinse well and pat dry
2. Steam Broccoli and onion (set aside)
3. In a Cast Iron or Metal Skillet brown beef with minced Ginger, garlic and salt, oyster sauce, and soy sauce
4. When meat is done, add corn starch and mix well.
5. Add beef broth and stir until thickened
6. Add steamed broccoli and onion and mix well.
Serve over rice or noodles