Never miss a recipe Sign up today to get new recipes delivered straight to your inbox.
We will never sell or distribute your email to anyone else.
You Will Need
5 TBS Oil
10 Tbs Flour (divided)
1 box beef Broth
2 Beef Bouillon Cubes
1/4 tsp Coffee Granules
1/4 tsp Pepper
1/4 tsp Salt
I made this gravy this morning, because I was in a group, and someone suggested using coffee grounds to mix in with the rou. Let me tell you, it's so good! You can't taste the coffee grounds at all, but it gives the gravy a beautiful brown color. This gravy is over the top good. It is a little time consuming, but well worth the effort. This recipe can easily be doubled if feeding a large crowd and you will get great reviews. Try it over our Basic Mashed Potatoes with sour cream and butter. You will fall in love.
1. Add oil to your instant pot , or to a sauce pan.
2. Add half of the flour and wisk extreamly well (making a paste)
3. Whisk until a dark brown (you making the rou) it almost smells like popcorn when it's done. (about 20 minutes)
4. Add coffee grounds and mix well (they will will clump a little at first, keep mixing until very small)
4. Add bouillon cubes and continue to whisk crush them as they get softer.
5. Add remaining flour and whisk (you will have tiny beads of flour but that is okay it will whisk out when you add your beef broth.
6. Add beef Broth and whisk until everything is blended
7. Whisk until desired thickness
8. Add salt and pepper
Keywords- Instant Pot,instant pot gravy,instant pot recipes,copycat kfc gravy,kfc gravy,mashed potatoes,gravy,creamy gravy,KFC’s Gravy recipe,chicken,chicken stock,chicken gravy,thick gravy,homemade gravy,home made gravy,instant pot copycat kfc gravy, brown gravy, basic gravy