Stuffed Whole Rotisserie Chicken
This is a whole chicken stuffed with stuffing, and done in the instant pot, you can also make this in the oven too. It is out of this world juicy and Delicious! If you like stuffing in the bird, this giblet stuffing fits the bill, it's moist and out of world. Serve up a side of vegetables and dinner is on the table in no time flat. This recipe is so easy there is a few steps, but it really is simple to put together. Enjoy
You Will Need
4 to 5 pound whole chicken
2 TBSP Olive Oil
For The Stuffing-
1 Box Stove Top Chicken stuffing
4 Cups Bone Broth
1 Cup Celery
1/2 Stick Butter
1 Small Onion
For The Rub-
3 TBSP Hickory Smoked Bacon Seasoning
1 TBSP Garlic Powder
1 TBSP smoked Paprika
1 tsp Basil
2 tsp Salt
1 tsp Pepper
1 tsp Onion Powder
2 tsp Thyme
Other Recipes You Might Like
Subscribe to be entered into our instant pot give away! We are giving away a 3 qt, 6 qt or 8 qt,
1. Start by washing chicken inside and out (remove giblets)
2. In a pan on the stove add Bone Broth, Giblets, diced Celery, Butter, and Onion bring to a boil and then turn heat to a simmer until vegetables are almost translucent.
3. In a bowl, pour boxed stuffing, when vegetables are done, strain celery and onion (dice up giblets) and add to bowl.
4. Add 1 1/2 cups bone broth and mix (fluff with fork) (set the rest of the bone broth aside we'll use it later.
5. In another bowl add seasonings for your rub and mix well
6. Rub Chicken down with Olive oil
7. Rub chicken with rub inside and out (cavities too) make sure you coat well
8. Stuff your bird with the stuffing (the whole box will fit in a 5 pound chicken)
9. Place the remaining bone broth i the bottom of your instant pot
10. Place your trivet into your instant pot, and place your chicken (breast side up)
11. Place your lid on, turn to sealing and not venting
12. Set your timer for 40 min with a 15 min natural release.
13. When done, remove chicken (I used 2 spatulas) and broil for 7 min (or until it's as brown as you like.
Note: I removed the top rack to my oven and set the bottom rack 2 up from the bottom and broiled for 7 min, then I covered with foil and let rest 10 min. You can strain the broth in your instant pot and make a rich gravy.
Chicken and Dumplings | Incredible Chicken Parmesan | Italian Shredded Chicken | Chicken, Stuffing Stuffed Mushrooms | Creamy Chicken Bake | Garlic Honey Chicken | How to cook your chicken breast in the Instant Pot | Hickory, Honey Chicken Wings | Ranch BBQ Chicken Wings |